Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fish or Chicken or I don't know

As I was sitting in my car waiting to be next in-line in the drive through at my local fast food joint, the guy in front of me didn't really know what he wanted. This brought me to consider how much this parallels life. Follow me on this.
Here you are, starving. You know what you want, you can taste it, you made up your mind. All you have to do is place the order, pay, get your food and eat. You drive up and there's a line of cars in front of you. You wait, you're finally one car behind and what do you get? Some schmuck who couldn't make up his mind! They had all this time to figure out what they wanted, but no, they were messing around with everything else as though in denial that their turn will come! They are undecided AND they hinder you from enjoying a delicious, hot beef carcass!

Now, take this election. These "undecided" voters are hindering me from enjoying my proverbial meal. It's not just me they're hindering, it's the people behind me in the drive-through, the other people who know what they want.

In my humble opinion, the undecided are not really "undecided", but rather spineless. It's the easiest thing in the world to play it safe, down the middle. It's the simplest thing to do to say "I'm not sure." Put it out of your mind and go on about your life. I think they already have made up their minds but are afraid to speak. Ergo, spineless. My professional, medical advice is this:

GET IN THE GAME OR GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY, I'M STARVING!!!!

No comments: